Friday, February 7, 2014

...and a year later...

It's amazing that my last post was Kalae's birth story!  Amazing and not-at-all surprising.

When I was expecting, I had so many grand visions about what life with two kids would be like.  I sit here now and I can't even remember the slightest bits of any of them because as soon as life with two kids actually happened, I stopped sleeping which ceased any rational thought and memory recall all together.  In the last year, I have only slept more than three consecutive hours a total of four times.  Four instances of a three-hour-plus block of time... I... the words... I have no words... all the words are gone...  Instead of sleep, I am running on baby giggles and midnight snuggles (and of course, tears and snot because being a mommy isn't complete without those, right?).

One day I will sleep again.  I will sleep and wake up after several REM cycles feeling rested and fulfilled and eager to start the day!  It will be amazing!  I might even finish a whole cup of coffee... now I'm just being greedy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment