Thursday, July 1, 2010

Sew Exciting

Silly, I know, but I couldn't resist. And how else could one title a post about one's crafty self? With Neila's five-month birthday approaching, I realized it is high time to fulfill the commitment to switch to cloth diapers. True, it is easier to stick with disposables (and we will for sleeping through the night and big trips), but I can't shake the feeling of irresponsibility from disposables. I have read that cloth has the same environmental impact, but something feels better about using clean plant fibers on our baby's bottom. Mommy self-esteem: up two points.

We ordered the 'economy kit' from Green Mountain Diapers last week complete with 3 Snappi fasteners (Jordan and I are terrified of diaper pins), 48 flat cloth diapers, 10 covers, and reusable wipes. I've mastered the art of the origami fold (thank you, YouTube) and I'm ready to go! Now the trick is convincing Jordan and the rest of the family that this will be as exciting as I'm imagining!

No comments:

Post a Comment