Tuesday, July 20, 2010

skin troubles and sound bubbles

Jordan and I decided we would go find some kind of machine to make a soft white noise for Neila to sleep to. We had been using the one that came with the pack-n-play, but the sound turns off after 30 minutes and occasionally that change would wake her up. On a side note, Neila's baby eczema has been acting up lately so I've been doing some online reading about how to help that.

Two birds... one cool mist humidifier.
It's fabulous! I did some research within the budget brands and styles and decided we would purchase the Safety First humidifier from Target. I searched Target's website and found a store near me that had it in stock. Just in case, I thought, I'll pick a second choice, not that I'll need it of course. Well. I packed Neila up and we went to Target only to find that the humidifier I wanted was not, in fact, in stock. (sigh) So I did end up with our second choice (some lame-looking Vicks brand).

Neila's skin is slowly getting better, but the best part of the humidifier is the sound. There are two speeds, but we really can't use the high speed or we would be battling San Francisco for fog visibility records. The only thing that's somewhat annoying is the air that bubbles up randomly in the tank while it's on. Neila still hasn't gotten over the novelty of this new sound in her room; she will turn into a contortionist to see it mid-feed, mid-story, mid-almost-asleep... I keep reminding myself, let her look at it, she's learning, don't be bothered, she'll have to eat/sleep sometime. :)

Today has actually been a really nice day (aside from a clogged duct - ugh). The sun is shining and the air is comfortably warm. Neila and I went out for a picnic lunch today on our walk. Grass has become very exciting, as have dandelions! Although neither taste good, we've decided.

No comments:

Post a Comment