Sunday, August 22, 2010

What's gonna work?

Lucky lady that I am, I have the luxury of summers free of my job. Before Neila: sleeping in, watching The View, eating a big breakfast with coffee, and generally doing whatever it was I felt like. Granted, I only had two summers like this and the last one I was sleeping and eating and feeling overall unwell (newly pregnant and all). This summer rolled around and I have to say that it was the best summer I can remember. The advantage of Jordan starting his SAHD career this month is that we have been working together with Neila all month. I got up during the night with her while he slept, he took her in the morning so I could sleep in until 8 (or 9!), I'd play with her poolside while he got in his workouts, he'd take her on walks while I chatted over coffee with my friends, I'd take her to baby story time at the library while he was out wakeboarding... the list goes on and on. Point being, we were a team and you could always count on one person to pick up the slack while the other indulged (which may be too generous a word for sleeping, exercising, and socializing).

Going back to work, for me, means going back to guilt. Guilt that I'm away from our precious little one at such a young age, guilt that I am ENJOYING my job, and guilt that my partner no longer has a partner for 9 to 10 hours a day. I guess the task at hand is to figure out how to turn those guilty feelings into something productive... I'll get back to you on that one :)

No comments:

Post a Comment